Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hike 6: Kenilworth Gardens


This is sort of cheating too, but I've already been to Kenilworth Gardens.  It was for a field trip with my Marine Bio students and my friend's AP Physics students.  The physics students had built these underwater robots and we needed a place to test them out.  My students were going to study and do water quality testing of the samples the robots collected.  It was a great little field trip, but because Kenilworth Gardens is a marshy group of water lily ponds, the robots kept getting stuck amidst the stems and it was really dark underwater so the cameras had a hard time seeing anything.  :)



It's a very small little place on the DC and Maryland border between Route 50 and I-295.  The "trail" only goes about a mile into the marsh, but it's quite picturesque and great if you're into water lilies and lotuses.  The visitor center has a nice exhibit of flora and fauna in Kenilworth.  We had to hide in there for about 20 minutes during our field trip because it started to thunderstorm.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I could do this one with no conditioning at all!!!

    ReplyDelete