Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hike 21: Cosca Regional Park

Completely wigged out on this hike!  It started out fairly auspiciously, except for the fact that this is about as far away from Germantown as you can be while still in the DC Metro Area.  Cosca Regional Park boasts a large nature center which has lovely landscaping and lots of kids going in and out for summer programs while I was in the parking lot.


I followed the trailhead around the back of the nature center and stumbled upon a little mini-bird zoo.  They had four large birds of prey (2 red tailed hawks, great horned owl, bald eagle) on display and that was the best part of the whole hike.


It was a super humid day (sweat was dripping off me as I was standing still) and the trail was pretty messy.  I was a little annoyed by the number of spider web strings that kept getting stuck to me but I talked myself through that...until I walked into a web and the spider landed on me!  I am not brave with bugs.  I shrieked a little and flicked him off.  As I'm psyching myself up to keep going, I walk smack into a spider and its web with my face.  ACK!  That was it.  I turned around and went back to the car.

1 comment: